I’m excited to share with you my all-time favorite loaded fries recipe!
As a huge fan of crispy fries and all things cheesy and savory, I’ve spent countless hours perfecting this recipe to make sure every bite is full of flavor and texture.
Trust me, there’s nothing quite like the combination of crispy fries, gooey melted cheese, and savory bacon, topped with a drizzle of cheese sauce or ranch dressing.
And in this recipe, I’ll share with you a few extra tips and tricks to make sure your loaded fries turn out perfectly every time.
So whether you’re looking for a quick and easy snack or an impressive party appetizer, these loaded fries are sure to hit the spot.
- Start with about 16 ounces of frozen french fries, or make your own homemade fries for an extra touch.
- Shred about 2 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Cook and crumble some bacon.
- Chop some green onions for garnish and flavor.
- Slice a few jalapenos for a spicy kick.
- Prepare a cheese sauce or use store-bought ranch dressing for dipping.
Now, you’re ready to create your delicious loaded fries masterpiece!
Just remember to keep track of those ingredients in case you need to make adjustments. Dive in and enjoy!
How to Make Loaded Fries
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit or use the temperature noted on the back of the fry package.
- Grab a bag of your favorite frozen fries, whether they’re classic or sweet potato.
- Spread the fries out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the fries according to package instructions or until extra crisp. Make sure to give them a stir after 10 minutes.
- While the fries are baking, cook some bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Don’t forget to stir occasionally until it’s crispy.
- Once the fries are ready, remove them from the oven.
- Top the baked fries with shredded Cheddar cheese and your cooked, crumbled bacon.
- Turn your broiler on to 500°F and place the cheese and bacon-topped fries back into the oven. Watch closely until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the loaded fries from the oven.
- Drizzle some cheese sauce or ranch dressing over the fries and garnish with green onions.
Now, you’ve got yourself the perfect appetizer for your game day festivities.
Enjoy your delicious loaded fries with friends and family!
Tips for Making the Perfect Loaded Fries
Start by picking your fries.
Whether it’s homemade or store-bought, choose a crispy variety to hold up against toppings.
Cook bacon till crispy, and crumble it up.
Grate a flavorful cheese like cheddar or Monterey Jack.
Consider additional toppings like diced tomatoes or olives.
Keep an eye on your fries.
Once they’re golden and crisp, remove them from the oven.
Layer on your cheese and bacon evenly over the fries.
Don’t skimp on toppings but avoid overloading your fries, either.
Variations and Substitutions
Looking to switch it up? Try sweet potato fries as your base.
They’re tasty, healthier, and add a nice color contrast.
Not a fan of classic toppings? Get creative with your toppings.
Think outside the box with options like avocado, cashew cheese and pulled pork.
Changing the type of fries can also make a difference.
Curly fries, for instance, can add a fun twist to your appetizer.
Lastly, don’t forget to consider dietary restrictions.
You can easily create a paleo or Whole30 version by choosing the right ingredients.
Suggestions for Serving Loaded Fries
Considering loaded fries as an appetizer? You’re on the right track.
These mouth-watering delights are perfect for game day, parties, or just a casual meal with friends.
Try serving them on a large platter for easy sharing.
Make sure you have plenty of napkins, as things can get a bit messy.
Looking for variety? Offer multiple toppings like Colby Jack cheese, bacon, green onions, and diced tomatoes.
You could even set up a toppings bar so everyone can personalize their loaded fries.
Don’t forget the sauces! Include options such as sour cream, ranch dressing, or even a spicy mayo to please all palates.
Finally, pair your loaded fries with some complementary finger foods like sliders, buffalo wings, or a veggie platter to create a well-rounded party spread.
Now, you’re all set to enjoy your loaded fries and win over your guests!
Loaded Fries Recipe
- 16 oz french fries
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- bacon crumbles
- green onions
- ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread frozen fries evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake according to package instructions, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crispy.
- Remove fries from oven and top with shredded Cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Turn broiler on to 500°F and return fries to oven until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with cheese sauce or ranch dressing.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Chipotle Guacamole Recipe - May 18, 2023
- Ramen Noodle Asian Salad Recipe - May 17, 2023
- Easy Nachos Recipe - May 12, 2023