So what’s something new, exciting, and delicious for dinner?
Well, I’ll tell you right now. It’s this Taco Spaghetti recipe!
It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for all the mouths in your household (it certainly is for mine!).
Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover taco meat or to add some variety to your meal rotation.
The combination of tender spaghetti, savory taco seasoning, and melted cheese is out of this world.
Taco Spaghetti Recipe
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes, preferably Rotel
- 1 (1-oz) packet of taco seasoning
- 2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2/3 cup salsa
- Cook spaghetti noodles in salted water and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and cook onion and garlic until onion softens.
- Add ground beef or turkey and brown for 5-7 minutes, breaking it up.
- Mix in taco seasoning.
- Add ROTEL tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti noodles and add to taco meat mixture.
- Stir everything together.
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle cheese on top, and allow it to melt.
- Add optional toppings like cilantro and sour cream if desired.
Tips for Making the Best Taco Spaghetti
Be sure you’ve cooked the spaghetti al dente. You know the drill…slightly firm but not too soft.
Choose lean meat like ground turkey to reduce saturated fat and cholesterol.
You can also season with kosher salt to taste as well as add real butter for extra richness.
Serve this recipe alongside guacamole for an extra kick of fun for your taste buds.
Here’s a few ways I’ve bumped this one up a few more notches:
First, choose angel hair pasta for a thinner, lighter texture in the dish.
I’ve also used low-sodium chicken broth over water when cooking the spaghetti to spice up the flavor.
Speaking of flavor enhancement, you can add corn kernels or diced green chilies. Mmm, good.
You should definitely consider other traditional taco toppings, like black olives, lettuce, and diced avocado.
My personal favorite is to add some fresh cilantro as a bright and fragrant addition.
My sister simply garnishes her final dish with green onions to add freshness and depth of flavor.
And when it’s time to serve…
While your dish is still piping hot, sprinkle some extra cheese on top and let the fireworks begin.
You can also offer some heat to those who like things spicy by providing a side of Rotel – it’s a great add-on in my household.
Don’t forget to include lime wedges, so your eaters can squeeze some fresh citrus to liven up their plate even more.
Ultimately, you should aim to have your taco spaghetti prepped and served within 30 minutes for the best taste and texture.
Now, grab a fork and dive into your scrumptious taco spaghetti!
- Best Ways to Spot a Simple Food Label - September 21, 2023
- How Home Cooking and Meal Planning Can Help Achieve Long-Term Weight Loss - September 13, 2023
- How to Make the Perfect Authentic Italian Cannoli - August 12, 2023