Today we’re diving into the delicious world of Ramen Noodle Asian Salad.
This vibrant and refreshing salad combines the best of both worlds: the crunch of fresh veggies and the irresistible flavors of authentic Asian cuisine.
It’s a delightful medley of textures and tastes that will leave you wanting more with every bite.
Ramen Noodle Asian Salad Recipe
- 1 16-ounce package coleslaw mix
- 2 (3-ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, broken into pieces
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame, thawed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread crushed ramen noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix olive oil, white vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and soy sauce for the dressing.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Prepare coleslaw mix, sesame seeds, edamame, green onions, mandarin oranges, and shredded carrots in a large bowl.
- Add cooled ramen mixture to the bowl with the veggies.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix thoroughly.
- Your Ramen Noodle Asian Salad is ready to serve!
Tips to Make Your Ramen Noodle Asian Salad Recipe Even Better
Here are some tips to amp up your ramen noodle Asian salad:
Balance flavors by adding a hint of sweetness to the dressing with honey or maple syrup.
I often substitute almonds with other nuts like walnuts, cashews, or sunflower seeds for an exciting mix.
Roast the nuts in the oven for an extra crunch and deeper taste; just remember to watch them closely!
Season your salad with a pinch of salt to enhance flavors and add some zing with fresh ginger by grating it right into the dressing.
Swap out the traditional coleslaw mix with brussels sprouts slaw for a unique twist. It actually tastes pretty good!
You can always feel free to add some protein like cooked shrimp to make this salad even more satisfying.
Remember, it’s your creation, so have fun experimenting with these tips!
Variations and Substitutions
You can easily modify this Ramen Noodle Asian Salad recipe to suit your taste and dietary preferences. Here are some ideas:
- Replace coleslaw mix with shredded kale or cabbage for a nutrient boost.
- Omit sugar in the dressing and use honey or agave nectar for natural sweetness.
- Swap out the olive oil for a different type of oil, such as avocado, toasted sesame, or grapeseed oil.
Try adding one or more of these additional ingredients for extra flavor and texture:
- Chopped red bell pepper
- Sliced cucumber
- Chopped cilantro or parsley
Feel free to substitute or adjust seasonings to your liking:
- Use soy sauce instead of ramen seasoning packets.
- Add a splash of lime or lemon juice for added zing.
- Include red pepper flakes or Sriracha for some heat.
Lastly, for a protein-packed salad, consider adding:
- Sliced grilled chicken
- Cooked shrimp
- Tofu or tempeh
- Best Ways to Spot a Simple Food Label - September 21, 2023
- How Home Cooking and Meal Planning Can Help Achieve Long-Term Weight Loss - September 13, 2023
- How to Make the Perfect Authentic Italian Cannoli - August 12, 2023