Are you tired of the same old store-bought guacamole that lacks that homemade flavor?
Well, get ready to elevate your guacamole game with my Chipotle Guacamole recipe.
This guacamole will transport your taste buds to a fiesta of flavors, leaving you craving more.
But here’s the best part: you can make this deliciousness right in the comfort of your own kitchen.
With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of love, you’ll have a bowl of guacamole that will rival any you’ve ever tasted.
Trust me, once you try this Chipotle Guacamole recipe, you’ll never go back to store-bought again.
Let’s dive in and uncover the secrets behind this irresistible guacamole!
- Avocado: You’ll need 2 ripe Hass avocados for that creamy base of your guacamole.
- Lime juice: Keep things fresh and zesty with 2 teaspoons of lime juice.
- Cilantro: Chop up 2 tablespoons of cilantro for a burst of flavor.
- Red onion: Dice 1/4 cup of red onion for a subtle, tangy crunch.
- Jalapeño: Include 1/2 jalapeño, seeds and all, for a hint of heat.
- Salt: A pinch of kosher salt (1/4 teaspoon) should do the trick to enhance all those flavors.
With these ingredients in hand, you’re all set to whip up your delicious Chipotle-inspired guacamole recipe. Enjoy!
How to Make Chipotle Guacamole
- First, grab 2 large ripe avocados, cut them in half, and remove the pits.
- Scour the halved avocado with a knife to create a grid-like pattern.
- Use a spoon to scoop the avocado into a large bowl.
- Toss the avocado with 2 tsp. of fresh lime juice.
- Add a 1/4 tsp. of salt to taste.
- Mash the avocado mixture until it reaches your desired smooth and creamy texture.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion, 1/2 finely chopped jalapeño pepper (seeds removed), and 2 Tbsp. of finely chopped cilantro with stems.
- Stir the mixture until well combined.
Serve with chips. This delicious guacamole has about 190 calories, 16g of fat, and 2g of protein per serving.
Keep your guacamole fresh and prevent browning by placing a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface before storing it in the fridge.
Tips for Adjusting the Recipe to Personal Preferences
You can easily adjust the recipe by adding or reducing the amount of jalapeño and pepper to your preference.
More jalapeño if you’re looking for a spicier guac.
Less salt if you’re trying to reduce sodium intake.
Consider adding Vitamin C, calcium, iron, and potassium rich ingredients like diced tomatoes or bell peppers.
Opt for ripe avocados for a creamier texture.
Try using kosher salt and lemon juice instead of lime for a twist on the original recipe.
Lemon juice can also substitute if you’re running low on limes.
Garlic lovers can include minced garlic for an extra punch of flavor.
Sprinkle in some diced red onion for additional crunch and flavor.
Looking to boast your creation on Instagram?
Add colorful veggies like corn or diced bell peppers.
If you’re enjoying a burrito bowl, tacos, enchiladas, or even a sandwich, Chipotle’s homemade guacamole is perfect to dish alongside.
To store leftovers, refrigerate it in an airtight container with the avocado pit to prevent oxidation.
Experiment with these adjustments to make your copycat Chipotle guac uniquely yours. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestions and Ideas for Pairing with Other Dishes
You don’t have just to serve Chipotle Guacamole with tortilla chips.
Explore other delicious pairings!
Why not try guacamole toast for breakfast?
Spread some guac onto your toast, add bacon bits, and serve with over-easy eggs.
You can also dip your favorite veggies into guacamole.
Carrot sticks, cucumber slices, and bell peppers all taste fantastic with a healthy scoop of guacamole.
Have you ever thought of using guacamole as a burger or sandwich spread?
Switch up your condiment game and spread it on your next burger, BLT, or turkey club.
With tasty tacos, burritos, and fajitas, guacamole is always a welcome addition.
Just add a dollop to enhance your next Mexican-inspired meal.
- Our 10 Top Christmas Recipe Picks for 2024 - November 24, 2023
- Vegan Birthday Cake: A Healthy and Delicious Option - October 31, 2023
- How to Thicken Pudding: 5 Easy Ways to Rescue Your Thin Pudding - October 25, 2023