Chocolate and pie are two of the best things on the planet. And if you put them together, they are absolutely life changing!
Enter the Brenda Gantt Chocolate pie; this delectable dessert will satisfy any craving and keep you wanting more.
Also, if you have ever had this chocolate pie, it has most likely left a mark on you, and if you have never had it, you want to!
The Brenda Gantt chocolate pie is as easy as pie to whip up. So grab your apron, utensils, and taste buds, and let’s get cooking!
How to Make Brenda Gantt Chocolate Pie
You can use a pre-baked pie crust to make the Brenda Gantt Chocolate Pie. Pie crusts are available at shops.
Furthermore, these pie crusts are easy to bake.
And you can bake the crust with or without filling. If you want to bake the crust with filling, you don’t need to make holes in the crust.
However, you’ll have to make holes if you bake the crust without filling. Then, after putting the chocolate filling on the crust, you can bake it for a few more minutes.
Below we’ve jotted down an easy way to make Brenda’s chocolate pie.
- Pie Crust (pre-baked)
For the chocolate filling:
- Sugar (1 cup)
- Cocoa powder (3 tablespoons)
- Corn starch (3 tablespoons)
- Milk (2 cups)
- Butter (½ stick)
- Vanilla essence (½ tsp)
For the meringue:
- Egg whites (3 large eggs)
- Sugar (⅓ cup)
Once you’ve baked the pie crust, you’re ready to make the chocolate filling and the meringue.
Brenda Gantt chocolate pie has only a few ingredients, but you’ll need to be extra careful with the steps in the recipe.
The following is a step-by-step guide for making the yummiest and creamiest chocolate pie.
For the Chocolate Filling:
For the most delicious chocolate filling.
Take a deep pot to make the chocolate filling. Put one cup of sugar in it and add three tablespoons of cocoa.
Then add three tablespoons of cornstarch into the pot and stir this dry mix with a hand beater.
Add milk slowly to the pot while stirring it using the hand beater.
When you’ve added 1 cup of milk to the mixture, stop adding more milk and keep stirring the mixture for a few minutes.
Now put the pot on the stove and keep on mixing it. At this point, the chocolate mixture will be in a liquid form, and you must bring it to a boil.
Add the remaining milk while mixing the chocolate mixture. Now use a spatula to mix the chocolate cream properly.
Add melted butter to this mixture and keep on stirring. Add the vanilla essence too.
Keep the heat medium-high and reduce it when you feel the mixture is dense and bubbly.
While the heat is on, you must be careful while stirring so that the cream doesn’t stick to the bottom.
For this reason, you must keep moving the spatula in the pot so that the cream doesn’t stick.
The chocolate cream will become dense when you remove the pot from the stove. The chocolate filling is now ready.
You can preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit so it’s ready to bake.
For the Meringue:
Eggs are always the go-to for meringue, but they are other ready-to-go alternatives you could employ if you have any diet specifications.
But if eggs are your chosen method, then here you go:
Put egg whites from three eggs into a large mixing bowl. Make sure the eggs are at room temperature.
Plus, clean and dry the mixing bowl properly. Now use an electric egg beater to whisk the eggs into the mixing bowl.
And while the egg beater whisks the egg whites, you’ll see them turning into a dense foam.
At this point, you can add ⅓ cup sugar to this whisked egg mixture. Switch on the egg beater again and keep beating it.
You’ll notice the egg whites have turned airy and fluffy. You can now turn off the egg beater because the meringue is ready.
Take out the crust that you baked earlier on a baking plate. Pour the dense chocolate cream on the pie crust and use a spatula to spread it evenly on the flaky and crispy crust.
Now layer the meringue on top of the chocolate cream. Don’t worry, as it won’t fall off the dish; it’s too thick and spongy.
Put the chocolate pie in the oven, which you’ve already preheated, for around ten minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bake the chocolate pix for around 2 minutes in the oven to make the meringue light golden.
The chocolate pie is ready to devour!
All the ingredients used in Brenda Gantt’s chocolate pie recipe are simple and easily available. Since there are only a few ingredients in this recipe, you must follow the exact recipe.
However, you can change the variation for the chocolate filling; for instance, you can use a different form of cocoa.
If you don’t have cocoa powder, you can use chocolate as a substitute. Cocoa powder works best for the chocolaty and creamy filling for the pie.
If you don’t have cocoa powder at home, you can use baking or cooking chocolate to make the feeling. Make sure it is unsweetened because you’re already adding sugar.
Whipped cream is a substitute for meringue. It is fluffy and light and can help you if you don’t have eggs or if you find it challenging to make meringue.
Whipped cream, however, loses volume quickly. For this reason, meringue is a better option for this chocolate pie recipe.
What to Serve with Brenda Gantt Chocolate Pie
Brenda Gantt Chocolate Pie is a dessert; you don’t need to serve anything with it as it is already one of a kind.
Usually, desserts pair well with beverages, such as tea, coffee, and other drinks.
Choose a coffee if you want to serve something with your Brenda Gantt Chocolate Pie!
If you need a rich and flavorful experience with your dessert, have a Mocha Java coffee.
Mocha Java offers an easy and smooth drinking experience for all coffee lovers.
It is the world’s most famous blend and will pair perfectly with your meringue chocolate pie.
The best thing about this type of coffee is that it has the aroma of bittersweet chocolate.
Thus, it can readily complement the sweetness of the chocolate pie.
A Glass of Milk
This is a classic drink to pair with a dessert. Its almost bland creamy taste offsets the sweetness of the chocolate pie.
If you want to indulge, go for a healthy dollop of ice cream, especially when the pie is warm. The hot and cold sensation is a treat for the senses!
How to Store Brenda Gantt Chocolate Pie
Refrigeration can make the meringue on the chocolate pie lose its texture. Thus, keeping it at room temperature for as long as possible is better.
However, a few hours later, you’ll have to refrigerate it. The following are the ways to store Brenda Gantt Chocolate Pie:
This method is suitable for keeping the meringue chocolate pie out overnight. Insert a few toothpicks in the chocolate pie; it should go halfway between the meringue and the crust.
Then pack or cover the chocolate pie with plastic wrap loosely.
Glass or Plastic Container
If you intend to store the pie in the fridge or freezer, choose a container with a lid. Place the pie in the container and cover it with the lid.
However, you must remember that refrigerating or freezing the chocolate pie will make the meringue hard and rubbery.
How to Reheat Brenda Gantt Chocolate Pie
The best method to reheat the Brenda Gantt chocolate pie is an oven.
An oven will ensure even heating of the pie, and you’ll be able to enjoy the sponginess of the meringue over it.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the leftover chocolate pie to a baking sheet and cover it with foil.
Don’t pack the foil tightly on the cooking sheet. Reheat the pie for 30 seconds to one minute until it’s piping hot.
Brenda Gantt Chocolate Pie
- mixing bowl
- Egg beater
- baking dish
- PieCrust pre-baked
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Corn starch
- 2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanillaessence
- 3 Large egg Eggwhites
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Take a deep potto make the chocolate filling. Put one cup of sugar in it and add threetablespoons of cocoa.
- Then add threetablespoons of cornstarch into the pot and stir this dry mix with a handbeater.
- Addmilk slowly to the pot while stirring it using the hand beater.
- When you've added1 cup of milk to the mixture, stop adding more milk and keep stirring themixture for a few minutes.
- Now put the poton the stove and keep on mixing it. At this point, the chocolate mixture willbe in a liquid form, and you must bring it to a boil.
- Add the remainingmilk while mixing the chocolate mixture. Now use a spatula to mix the chocolatecream properly.
- Add melted butterto this mixture and keep on stirring. Add the vanilla essence too.
- Keep the heatmedium-high and reduce it when you feel the mixture is dense and bubbly.
- While the heat ison, you must be careful while stirring so that the cream doesn'tstick to the bottom.
- For this reason,you must keep moving the spatula in the pot so that the cream doesn't stick.
- The chocolatecream will become dense when you remove the pot from the stove. The chocolatefilling is now ready.
- You can preheatthe oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit so it's ready to bake.
- Put egg whitesfrom three eggs into a large mixing bowl. Make sure the eggs are at roomtemperature.
- Plus, clean anddry the mixing bowl properly. Now use an electric egg beater to whisk the eggsinto the mixing bowl.
- And whilethe egg beater whisks the egg whites, you'll see them turning into a densefoam.
- At this point,you can add ⅓ cup sugar to this whisked egg mixture. Switch on the egg beateragain and keep beating it.
- You’ll notice theegg whites have turned airy and fluffy. You can now turn off the egg beaterbecause the meringue is ready.
- Take out thecrust that you baked earlier on a baking plate. Pour the dense chocolate creamon the pie crust and use a spatula to spread it evenly on the flaky and crispycrust.
- Put the chocolatepie in the oven, which you've already preheated, for around ten minutes at 350degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake thechocolate pix for around 2 minutes in the oven to make the meringue light golden.
- Chipotle Guacamole Recipe - May 18, 2023
- Ramen Noodle Asian Salad Recipe - May 17, 2023
- Easy Nachos Recipe - May 12, 2023