Are you a fan of the famous Starbucks Pink Drink but don’t want to break the bank buying it every time you get your craving on?
I’m right there with ya!
And it’s exactly why I want to share a tasty copycat recipe for this refreshing and delicious drink that you can make right in your own kitchen for a whole lot less.
Starbucks’ Pink Drink is a sweet and creamy iced beverage that combines the flavors of strawberry acai, coconut milk, and a splash of passion fruit.
It’s the perfect drink to cool down with on a hot summer day.
And c’mon, it looks absolutely beautiful too, with its vibrant pink hue.
This recipe answers your needs, but you’ll also be able to customize it to your liking, whether you prefer it to be sweeter or less sweet.
So, grab your ingredients and let’s get started on making this refreshing beverage now!
- Coconut milk – You’ll need 1 cup of chilled coconut milk for a creamy taste.
- Sugar – Add 1 ½ tbsp sugar as a sweetener or swap it with honey or agave nectar.
- Ice – Make sure to have 2 cups of ice to get that refreshing, frosty touch.
- Strawberries – Grab 1 ½ cup of sliced strawberries or use frozen ones, depending on your preference.
- Tea – Get a flavor-packed, fruity vibe with 1 cup of Tazo Iced Passion Tea Concentrate or 2 berry green tea bags.
While a Starbucks Pink Drink contains caffeine from green tea extract, making it at home lets you control the caffeine content by choosing different tea options.
Remember, when heading to the grocery store, pick natural ingredients to avoid artificial coloring and flavors.
Feel free to customize your Pink Drink by opting for dairy milk, almond milk, or even adding some vanilla extract, if desired.
How to Make Starbucks Pink Drink
This copycat Starbucks recipe is perfect for those who love sweetness combined with healthier ingredients.
Here’s how to create your own Starbucks Pink Drink at home:
- Start by grabbing these ingredients: 1 cup hot water, 2 berry green tea bags, 1 cup chilled coconut milk, 2 cups ice, 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and 2 cups frozen strawberries.
- First, steep 2 berry green tea bags in the 1 cup of hot water for about 5 minutes.
- As you wait for the tea to steep, slice your fresh strawberries and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add the frozen strawberries and a little simple syrup if you prefer more sweetness.
- After 5 minutes, remove the tea bags from the hot water and allow the tea to cool down.
- Once the tea has cooled, pour it into the blender with the frozen strawberries, then add the chilled coconut milk.
- Blend the mixture using an immersion blender or regular blender until you get a smooth puree.
- Prepare your serving glasses by filling them with ice and adding a few strawberry slices to each glass.
- Pour the pink drink mixture over the ice in each glass, making sure to distribute it evenly.
- Give it a quick stir, then enjoy your homemade Starbucks Pink Drink!
Tips for Personalizing Your Pink Drink Recipe
You can easily customize your Starbucks Pink Drink to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs.
Consider trying different types of milk, like dairy milk or almond milk, to change the overall flavor and make it creamier or lighter.
Using natural sweeteners, such as agave nectar, will give your Pink Drink a healthier touch compared to using simple syrup.
You can also adjust the level of sweetness by experimenting with the quantity of sweetener added.
To add a touch more flavor, try using different fruit combinations, like including raspberries or blackberries alongside the strawberries.
Take note of how these changes impact the overall taste, and make adjustments until you find the perfect blend for your pink drink.
Remember, you can always experiment with various ingredients and enjoy your personalized Starbucks Pink Drink recipe!
Variations and Substitutions
Feel free to get creative with your Pink Drink recipe!
Consider using passion fruit juice instead of grape juice for a tropical twist.
For a zesty touch, add a splash of lemonade to the mix.
A dollop of vanilla extract can also enhance the flavor.
Remember, it’s all about crafting your perfect beverage. Enjoy experimenting. I sure did!
Health Benefits of the Ingredients
Did you know the Pink Drink’s ingredients pack a punch in terms of health benefits?
For starters, a 16-oz grande size has just 140 calories, so you’re not overloading on extra energy intake.
Natural ingredients dominate this drink, and there’s no place for artificial stuff here.
The drink gains its vibrant color from fruit and vegetable juices, contributing to a more wholesome choice.
One key ingredient in the Pink Drink is green tea extract.
Green tea extract has a lower caffeine content than traditional roasted beans, with only 45mg in a grande size.
That’s a mild pick-me-up, without causing the jitters.
Including coconut milk makes the Pink Drink creamy and satisfying, while keeping it dairy-free.
Coconut milk contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are easily absorbed and converted into energy.
Adding strawberries not only boosts the drink’s flavor and visual appeal, but also provides essential vitamins and minerals.
Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, manganese, and antioxidants, promoting overall health.
Starbucks Pink Drink Recipe
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 cup Ice
- 1 1/2 cup Strawberries
- 1 cup Tea
- Steep 2 berry green tea bags in 1 cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Slice fresh strawberries while waiting.
- Blend 2 cups of frozen strawberries and simple syrup (optional) in a blender or food processor.
- Remove tea bags and let the tea cool down.
- Pour cooled tea into blender with frozen strawberries and add 1 cup chilled coconut milk.
- Blend mixture using an immersion blender or regular blender until smooth.
- Fill serving glasses with ice and sliced strawberries.
- Pour the pink drink mixture over the ice.
- Give it a quick stir and enjoy your delicious homemade Pink Drink!
- Chipotle Guacamole Recipe - May 18, 2023
- Ramen Noodle Asian Salad Recipe - May 17, 2023
- Easy Nachos Recipe - May 12, 2023