Are you on the hunt for a delicious and crowd-pleasing appetizer?
Look no further than buffalo chicken dip!
This dip is a party in your mouth, with the combination of spicy buffalo sauce, creamy cheese, and tender chicken creating a flavor explosion that’ll leave your taste buds dancing.
Buffalo chicken dip never fails to impress, whether it’s at a football game, backyard barbecue, or family gathering.
And the best part?
It’s so easy to make, even novice cooks can whip it up without breaking a sweat.
In this post, we’re going to share with you the best buffalo chicken dip recipe you’ll ever taste!
So, dust off your apron, get your ingredients ready, and let’s dig in!
But be warned – this dip is so addictive, you might want to make extra!
-1 pound of cooked chicken breast, shredded
-1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup of buffalo wing sauce
-1/2 cup of ranch dressing
-1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles
-1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
-1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
-1/2 cup of sour cream
-1/2 cup of chopped green onion
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 tsp. of onion powder
-1 tsp. of garlic powder
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, cream cheese, buffalo wing sauce, ranch dressing, blue cheese crumbles, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, green onion, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
3. Transfer the chicken mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and top it with the remaining shredded cheese.
4. Bake the dip in your preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly.
5. Once the dip is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
6. Serve this buffalo chicken dip with tortilla chips, carrot sticks, or celery sticks.
The nutrition facts for this buffalo chicken dip recipe will vary depending on the ingredients you use and the portion size.
However, in general, this dip is high in protein and saturated fat due to the cheese and cream cheese.
One serving of the dip (1/12 cup) contains approximately 200 calories, 12 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbohydrates, 16 grams of fat, and 7 grams of saturated fat.
It’s best to keep an eye on your portion sizes if you’re trying to watch your calorie and fat intake.
There are many variations of this buffalo chicken dip recipe, and you can modify it to fit your preferences or dietary needs.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Slow cooker buffalo chicken dip:
If you don’t have time to bake the dip in the oven, you can make it in a slow cooker.
Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker, stir well, and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until hot and bubbly.
Crockpot buffalo chicken dip:
In addition to the slow cooker method, you can also make this dip in a crockpot. Just mix all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it cook for a couple of hours.
Instant pot buffalo chicken dip:
Similar to the slow cooker method, you can also make this dip in an instant pot. Add all of the ingredients to the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 10-15 minutes.
This buffalo chicken dip recipe is a versatile dish that can be served in many ways.
Here are a few suggestions:
With tortilla chips or pita chips:
The dip is best served with crispy tortilla chips or pita chips. The chips add a nice crunchy texture that pairs well with the creamy dip.
With celery or carrot sticks:
You can also serve the dip with fresh celery or carrot sticks to balance out the heat and add some extra nutrition.
With buffalo wings:
If you’re a fan of buffalo wings, you can serve the dip alongside some wings for a complete buffalo-themed meal.
With blue cheese dressing:
For an extra burst of flavor, you can drizzle some blue cheese dressing over the top of the dip.
This buffalo chicken dip recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves spicy and flavorful food.
Tips to Make Your Dip Less Spicy
Buffalo chicken dip is a classic party favorite, but not everyone can handle the heat.
Fortunately, there are several ways to adjust the spice level to your liking.
You can start with less hot sauce or buffalo sauce than the recipe calls for and add more later if needed.
To make the dip less spicy, you can use a milder sauce or reduce the amount of other spicy ingredients like garlic and onion powder.
If you want it spicier, add more hot sauce or buffalo sauce, or even cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
It’s important to keep in mind that the brand of hot sauce or buffalo sauce you use can affect the spice level, so taste before adding to your dip.
If you’re not sure how spicy you want your dip to be, make a small batch and adjust as needed.
When serving your dip to a group, consider offering both mild and spicy options and include cooling ingredients like celery, carrots, or ranch dressing to balance out the heat.
Experimenting with the spice level of your buffalo chicken dip is a fun way to customize the recipe to your taste preferences.
Whether you like it mild or extra spicy, this dip is sure to be a hit at your next party or gathering.
It’s easy to make, and the recipe can be modified to fit your preferences.
Serve it with tortilla chips or veggies for a tasty and satisfying appetizer that is sure to please.
Whether you’re hosting a party, watching the Super Bowl, or just looking for a delicious snack, this dip is the perfect choice.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb Cooked chicken breast (shredded)
- 1 package Cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Chopped green onion
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F.2. Mix chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, blue cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, sour cream, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.3. Transfer mixture to a 9x13" baking dish and top with remaining cheese.4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.5. Cool for a few minutes before serving.6. Serve with tortilla chips, carrot sticks, or celery sticks.
- Our 10 Top Christmas Recipe Picks for 2024 - November 24, 2023
- Vegan Birthday Cake: A Healthy and Delicious Option - October 31, 2023
- How to Thicken Pudding: 5 Easy Ways to Rescue Your Thin Pudding - October 25, 2023